Anmeldelser af Zen Planner

4,3 (234)

Om Zen Planner

Gym member management software with payment processing, Integrated Websites, virtual training, scheduling, automations & more.

Læs mere om Zen Planner

Fordele:

It was a very cheap cost to have the application run so for that it was very good since the cost of the gym was so high.

Ulemper:

Overall we would not recommend this software. It seems as if the team behind it has lost heart for the program and isn't keeping up with the competition.

Bedømmelse af Zen Planner

Gennemsnitlig score

Brugervenlighed
Kundeservice
Egenskaber
Værdi for pengene

Sandsynlighed for anbefaling

Zen Planner har en gennemsnitlig vurdering på 4,3 ud af 5 stjerner baseret på 234 brugeranmeldelser på Capterra.

Har du brugt Zen Planner før?

Del dine erfaringer med andre softwarekøbere.

Filtrer anmeldelser (234)

Jody
Jody
Head Teaching Professional i Canada
Sport, 201-500 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Very Helpful Customer Service!!!

5,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Zen Planner software has enabled our company to introduce a program to our customers in a seamless fashion. Their customer service was vital in helping us with this process.

Fordele:

The software is very slick and versatile!

Ulemper:

There was a lot to learn that I wasn't familiar with.

for 4 år siden

Happy to hear it - thanks Jody!

Itzak
CEO/Owner i USA
Sport, Selvstændig

Overvejede alternativer:

Perfect for managing a martial arts studio

5,0 sidste år

Kommentarer: I was really impressed on how well they understand how martial art schools work. The software takes into account everything you need to keep your school running - from scheduling out classes students reserve for, to taking payments and setting up merchant accounts, to desk check-in software, to students having their own portal to track their membership and status. Customer support was very helpful during the onboarding.

Fordele:

You can tell this software was designed for martial artists. One of my favorite things you can do is designate belt rankings to students, and design your system in a way that when a student is ready to test for the next belt, whether its the amount of time they've been training with the studio, to achieving certain skills required, Zen Planner notifies you and helps you plan belt testing. I loved that they recognize how important it is for martial art schools to know where students rank. I was able to plan out all my belts, what skills are required and minimum of time with the school they need to have to test. Most gym software don't recognize all the small nuances that martial art schools need to track where their students stand.

Ulemper:

The apps for desk login can be a little buggie sometimes and require an update or reset the iPad to get the software to work.

Svar fra Daxko

sidste år

Thank you so much for your review. We are proud to empower and serve martial arts communities around the globe.

Cindy
Finance and Office Administrator i Canada
Fritidsfaciliteter og -tjenester, 11-50 medarbejdere

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] at ZenPlanner is Top Notch

4,0 for 2 måneder siden Nyt

Fordele:

The customer service is stellar. Everyone I've spoken to is smart, friendly and efficient. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our transition to GAINS payment processing and I couldn't have asked for more warm, knowledgeable and efficient support. Her follow-up with me has been outstanding.

Ulemper:

It's not great for use with membership under 18; we do a lot of programming for children and need a way to have both parents as primary email contacts, need a way to communicate both with parents and with the 13-18 year old group. Grading (movement between programs and belt levels) is difficult.

Liz
CEO i USA
Sport, 2-10 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Used it for three years - feature rich but hard to use

3,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: We switched from Mindbody to Zenplanner and used it for three years. Zenplanner is chock full of features (other than membership discounts, as mentioned above), but it's so full of features that it becomes clunky and hard to use. I could do just about anything from my admin account, but my fellow coaches who spent less time in it had a harder time working with it. Customers also struggled a lot. We have now switched to Upper Hand, and while it has fewer features and the reports aren't as good, our customers are actually booking their own classes instead of making me do it.

Fordele:

I was the primary account administrator, and I could fix just about anything retroactively. Once you really know your way around, it's got almost everything you could think to want. There are a lot of customization options for emails you can send your customers, and it was easy to check which emails an individual had opened. The reports were great. Best reporting I've seen, and it's pretty much the only thing I'll miss. Support was good - very responsive, with multiple ways to contact them. I also appreciated the discounts they gave businesses at the start of the COVID shutdowns.

Ulemper:

The software was very difficult for customers to use, so much that about half of our parents (and a couple of our coaches) just wanted me to do everything for them. Doing so on my end was time-consuming. Zenplanner offers some options to integrate with our existing website, but it didn't work in every circumstance. What customers could do from our primary domain was pretty limited, and it wasn't easy to switch back and forth between our site and the ZP site. Zenplanner does not offer automatically-applied membership discounts, so we had to have customers use offer codes. Membership discounts (such as on retail or private lessons) are pretty standard in fitness businesses and not having that option was a major pain. There was no way to easily see which coaches had availability at which times.

Justin

8+ year user

5,0 for 2 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Excellent.

Fordele:

The service. I don't call in often but if I need help it's always there.

Ulemper:

Changing password info every 3 months is my biggest gripe.

Teagan
Assistant Opperational Manager i USA

Finally Found the Right System

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: This software has made this much more simple and allowed us to enhance our customers experience in our facility!

Fordele:

-Set up was detailed step by step process and had video reviews that our staff could go back to -Customer service is the best that we have seen -Hotline always has a person you can talk to (have answered every question we have had and has taught us how to solve the problem should it ever come up again) - Hotline is available 7am-7pm -Email (you can send a detailed email and have it answered within one business day) - Our on-boarding assistant fallowed up with us after a month to make sure everything was running - Has easy quick reporting - Great schedule (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) -Great point of sale (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) - Mobil app is simple for customers and makes scheduling simple

Ulemper:

online mobil site cannot work with out cookies which most smart phones automatically disable so we needed to send out an email with instructions on how to enable them

for 3 år siden

Thank you for the review, Teagan! We're glad you've found the right system for your business!

Jen
Event Coordinator i USA

Customer support is outstanding

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I'd give it a B- on a grading scale. The customer support is outstanding but any time you want to go beyond just keeping track of how many students you have, things become way too complicated.

Fordele:

Customer support really is top notch. The on boarding team is fantastic and truly went out of their way to ensure we had every available resource for success. Any little quirky issue or question we have is answered quickly and professionally by the customer support team. They are fantastic.

Ulemper:

The basics are great but it seems to go from "ok to use" to "I have absolutely no idea what to do here" the minute any complication arises. There does not need to be a "staff user" and a "kiosk mode" on the Ipads, it confuses everyone and wastes a lot of time. Converting reports to pdf feature should be a breeze, but doesn't convert the entire report and is useless. It should have a much easier pos system as well. No real way for instructors to leave notes for students, why not? Never use the mass email or text because its just too complicated-these things can be fixed if they gave it some attention.

for 3 år siden

Thanks, Jen, we'll pass your good words on to our customer support team!

Richard

Poor Tech Support during COVID-19 Crisis

3,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Up until the COVID-19 crisis, we were big fans of ZP. However, since the crisis began their Tech Support team has been dismissive and unhelpful. This comes at a particularly bad time for us because we are building a new website and our web designer needed to have a phone conversation with a "live" staff member. ZP has refused to do so, which leaves us in a very had position because our designer could easily make technical errors that will cost us a lot of money to fix in the future. When we consider that, prior to the COVID-19 crisis, we had almost always been able to get through to ZP’s Tech Support within 2 days, we can only assume that the company is now experiencing significant internal difficulties. We don't have an answer to that question because ZP has not offered any explanation as to why its Tech Support has plummeted. For this reason, we are currently considering switching to a ZP competitor. Finally, like many in the fitness industry, ZP might be going through a tough time right now. If they had simply been candid with us, we might have been willing to overlook this situation as an aberration. As it stands, however, they don't seem to care that they've left us in a bad situation and their is no ed in sight.

Fordele:

Zen Planner is intuitive and easy to navigate. Prior to the COVID-19 crisis, it's Tech Support staff were professional, knowledgeable, friendly and available by phone from Monday to Friday. We were generally able to get through to Tech Support within 2 days.

Ulemper:

Before COVID-19, we probably called ZP's Tech Support once or twice a week. beginning on or about March 16, 2020 it became impossible to reach Tech Support. We're currently encountering the following Tech Support experience challenges from ZP: (1) We have a question or problem and call ZP Tech Support. We wait on hold for 10 or 15 minutes. A recorded message instructs us to leave a voice message and ZP will call us back. (2) ZP does not call us back. (3) We email ZP with our request, but ZP’s email response is never fast enough to be of use. Then, when we finally get an email answer, it is often unresponsive.

Fyonna
Fritidsfaciliteter og -tjenester, 2-10 medarbejdere
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] the Onboarder is FANTASTIC, I am so impressed

5,0 for 5 måneder siden

Kommentarer: so far so awesome

Fordele:

We had challenges with paysafe integration, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stepped in to fix, I am running a busy studio plus teaching/coaching and she was a dream to work with ( I was not), such an asset to Zen,

Ulemper:

color schemes, and the time it took to imput information that was just not a skillset i had, I learned and I am glad it took time

Anmelderkilde

Excellent product with futures that are practical, easy to use, and visually appealing

4,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Endless , independence and function. Being a small business owner it allows me to run and automate many things such as financial reports, workouts, attendance. Reservation, automations of emails for customer retention , sales funnel , customer support, technically forward thingkong woth use of apps for iPad and iPhone to allow me to function on the run , away from the office, in the field, and manage coaches.

Fordele:

I love zenplanner. They started out with few features and no apps but they promised to improve regularly and they deliver. In the short 4 years I have been using they have incorporated a staff app for the iPhone, a users app to reserve, keep track of workouts , PRs, billing and much more. an app for the front desk to use as checking in, reserving, adding new clients at ease. On each of these products they improve and incorporated new needed features faster than any software I have ever used. Their customer service is truly second to none. Helping you not only in the set up stage but anytime you need help and they work to resolve your problem immediately. The software not only is packed full of great functions for financial, workout writing and publishing, emailing automation, reports of attendance, finances , and mass email intervention but it does it with a sleek appearance that is not only visually appealing but with an easy of use that it's simple and powerful.

Ulemper:

Software is still growing and some features , not many anymore, can be improved. This is truly the worse thing I can think off as I have tried many many others do never been so satisfied and impressed with them delivering a great product and on a regular bases truly adding features to improve it without making it more complicated for the user.

Kim
Owner & Instructor i USA
Anmelderkilde

You can't beat their support team!

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I am love the people at ZP. There isn't one person I've come in contact with that hasn't been helpful, positive, encouraging, understanding and cheerful. I went to their office because I was starting a new program and wanted help with the set up of the program and the membership. They set me up with one person to be my helper that day. Now what company will do that? I can tell you that no other software company I've used would've offered me that. Also, love the Zen Academy. I learned about so many more things the software could do for me that I wasn't either using or doing in a google spreadsheet . So now ZP is helping me save more precious time and I'm learning more about my business in the process. Thank you reports and automations!

Fordele:

Honestly, their customer support! However, I don't have to call often as the on boarding team set me up wonderfully to begin with. But the support articles answer almost all my questions so I don't have to call. I am a small studio and don't have a front desk staff but ZP does it all for me (well, allows my clients to do it all for me). It is super easy to use on all fronts.

Ulemper:

I have't run into anything that I don't like. I use ZP on my laptop in a web browser and I've found it confusing to try the staff app on my phone or tablet. This old dog struggles with learning new tricks :) So we can't blame ZP for that.

for 3 år siden

Thanks for your feedback, Kim!

Beth
Director i USA

Good Overall Studio Management Software

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: The migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.

Fordele:

Reporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.

Ulemper:

The POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process. The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application. The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

for 3 år siden

Thanks for the feedback, Beth!

Maribel
Co-Owner i USA
Sundhed, helse og fitness, Selvstændig

Keeps me organized

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I'm not the most organized person and doing all admin, billing as well a coaching my clients, Zen Planner helps to keep the back end of my business organized and running smoothly. The automations are great if they're set up correctly. Their customer support is amazing!! Not much waiting time and my issues are always resolved. When I started, they're pricing was pretty competitive. Although, they've gotten much pricier over the past year.

Fordele:

Having automated billing, emails and scheduling. Being able to pull billing reports at a moment's notice to see where my finances are is a plus.

Ulemper:

Having so many options for reports and automations. It can be very confusing at times and sometimes having two steps to accomplish a task isn't clear.

for 2 år siden

Thank you, Maribel!

drew
owner i USA

Overvejede alternativer:

easy to use to run my business for apointment settings

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: this has done wonders for my business I dont need someone to confirm appointments

Fordele:

when setting apointments customers can do it online and it sends out confirmations and reminds of appointments so they have no excuse to not miss an appointment

Ulemper:

could be cheaper per month. sometimes is slow but does the job

for 3 år siden

Thank you for the kind words, Drew!

Mike

Cheaper, better, friendlier

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I love their service and how much they've helped me. I would like the ACH only option for memberships though!

Fordele:

The customer service and ease of use, especially that everything you would essentially need is included with ZenPlanner, unlike MindBody or Triib. It's also cheaper because of PaySimple's merchant integration and I don't think most fitness businesses need the add ons that MindBody has and that you would pay for. I think being a good business owner, setting clearly defined roles and tasks for employees, and making sure they do them will lead to more sales than a email/text bot from MindBody.

Ulemper:

I think the client facing side of signing up for memberships could be a little easier, for instance: you can't have a ACH only membership option, you do need an iPad or computer of which to then use ZenPlanner's Front Desk for, but I do know ZenPlanner is teaming up with PaySimple to possibly release a device to use instead of an iPad or computer.

for 3 år siden

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and kind words.

Alyssa

Best Customer Service On The Planet

5,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: Sanity.

Fordele:

Zen Planner seamlessly integrates everything we need as a gym. Although there are still key features we would like, what is there works well and allows us to keep all customer data and interactions in one place, which makes our life easier. Perhaps most importantly, best customer service on the planet. No matter how small an issue, they respond immediately. And when we recently had an ENORMOUS problem, that was totally our fault, our rep worked on it over the weekend for us. He saved our sanity, and thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that kind of service anywhere else.

Ulemper:

My only real gripes are things that don't exist and need to. I would like my members to be able to purchase retail items and check-in using their app. Both of these features exist in the staff app, but not the member app. Also, I would like an option to NOT have a gender field at registration. I find the gender binary pointless and it's offensive to our trans and nonconforming clients.

Paul
Professionel udvikling og coaching, 11-50 medarbejdere

Happy to be back!

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: The reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well! I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its​ maximum potential for my business. I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner

Fordele:

I left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business. Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The​ changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing. This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo

Ulemper:

The system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

for 3 år siden

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!

Brian
Videregående uddannelse, 2-10 medarbejdere

Great Fitness Specific Software

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Love it. Never going to leave them.

Fordele:

Cost for sure, ease of use, the user experience for client is also very simple.

Ulemper:

I can't say there are any other "cons" - If i'm being nit picky they could give a bit more time towards automatic PDF invoices. Some of their invoicing procedures don't have a simple suer experience.

for 3 år siden

Thank you so much for the review Brian, we really appreciate it!

Jayne

Overvejede alternativer:

Great Software, Even Better Customer Support!

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: If I ever have an issue with the software, or a question on how to do something (like create a custom report) the customer support is always outstanding.

Fordele:

I have been using Zen for 10 years. The program is so easy to use & I am always finding new things to do with it.

Ulemper:

When creating reports for attendance or payment history for a client, I would love to have our business name show at the header.

for 3 år siden

Thank you Jayne, we appreciate the kind words!

Owner / Director of Sports Performance i USA
Anmelderkilde

Awesome and they continue to work to add new and wanted fuctionality

4,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: One stop shop for managing my business. Automation. And the ability to do a lot with little or no staff.

Fordele:

Easy to use, easy to manage. It has a great modern look and they don't try to bundle everything in one app. They have different apps for sing in, staff use, and member. I love the reports, and the face check in. Easy to find athletes by their face. Great for when you have new staff. It truly is a great bundle for workout tracking, integration with current website, and integration with marketing emails. All things other companies charge extra for. I would and have recommended this software to other gym and martial art owners.

Ulemper:

The apps are great for managing but missing some fuctionality such as being able to schedule privates on the app. They where missing staff clicks in, retail sales but they have recently added those. Hard to find much I dislike and what I do they don't seem to be standing still, adding new function all the time.

Justin
Owner / CEO i USA

Workhorse

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: zenplanner does exactly what you need a CRM tool to do most, it manages your current customers. Sure it integrates well for other uses such as lead capture, retail purchases, payroll, etc. Bit what I love is that it never fails at what we really need it to do, allow our service to be used by our customers, collect payments and evaluate customer data, allowing us to retain more members.

Fordele:

Reporting capabilities are immense allowing us to evaluate our business’ performance metrics and understand exactly what to focus on improving. Customer service is the best out of any service our business uses.

Ulemper:

It is very hard to learn how to use on your own. But, if you take the initiative to ask for help and training, the staff will teach you and save you hundreds of frustrating hours.

for 3 år siden

Thank you for the good words, Justin!

Mary Ellen
Director of Communications i USA
Styring af nonprofitorganisationer, 2-10 medarbejdere

Solid Product for Crossfit Gyms

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software. I can have multiple gym memberships under 1 zenplanner account and switch between them.

Fordele:

I have used this program at 3 crossfit facilities and have enjoyed it for viewing WODs, signing up for classes, and storing workout information and PRs. I enjoy the leaderboard feature and the support you can give your gym mates.

Ulemper:

I wish you could add features like workout videos for various exercises that are scheduled. I find some gyms do not utilize all of the features correctly, and that can make the app rather pointless. If you are not using this app to sign up for classes, log workouts, not using the leader board feature, you really aren't getting your money's worth.

for 3 år siden

Thanks for the review, Mary Ellen! We've recently integrated our software with SugarWOD to improve our WOD experience even more!

Gavin
owner i USA

Tried the others, using Zen Planner

Kommentarer: Extremely positive.

Fordele:

Extremely user friendly. I could figure out how it worked quite easily and i am not a tech Wiz which I found to be quite pleasing.

Ulemper:

the common problems that happens with all of the software like it. when the whole system goes down. It is not unique to ZP it has happened with others as well.

for 3 år siden

Thank you for the good words, Gavin!

Logan

Customer service is THE best

4,0 sidste år

Kommentarer: Once you learn how to use the system, it's easy to charge people and view membership history. There are so many financial tools available and that side can get a little confusing (like narrowing down your quarterly taxes is a bit of a hassle). I have yet to find a product with better customer support. They always answer promptly and always have a solution.

Fordele:

This software makes it easy to track membership history, but the BEST thing about Zen Planner is their customer service. They're friendly, they answer fast and they ALWAYS know how to fix an issue.

Ulemper:

Zen Planner is quite an advanced system, so it is easy to get lost. Luckily, the customer service is always there to save you (except for holidays and off-hours of course). The app sometimes crashes. It could use an update.

Svar fra Daxko

sidste år

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Logan! We appreciate the feedback and having you in the Zen Planner community.

Gym Owner i Australien
Har anvendt softwaren til: Over 1 år

Constantly surprises and improves

Fordele:

The more I learn about this software (partly due to their fantastic customer help team) the more I love it and the more it gives me back time! I still think I have barely scratched the service In its capabalities and I'm excited to learn more.

Ulemper:

There is a bit of a learning curve but thats the same for all software. The basics at first is all you will need.

for 3 år siden

Thanks Chris, we think our support team is pretty fantastic too!