Anmeldelser af Slack

4,7 (22.825)

Om Slack

Slack samler al kommunikation på ét sted. Moderne teams får beskeder, arkivering og søgning i realtid.

Læs mere om Slack

Fordele:

And I have really enjoyed the community-centred interests people put into ensuring your challenges are taken care of is really encouraging. I love Slack for this singular effort.

Ulemper:

The only drawback is that we just have too many avenues where we connect and so Slack just got lost with all the other programs and didn't become a priority. This is why we no longer use it.

Bedømmelse af Slack

Gennemsnitlig score

Brugervenlighed
Kundeservice
Egenskaber
Værdi for pengene

Sandsynlighed for anbefaling

Slack har en gennemsnitlig vurdering på 4,7 ud af 5 stjerner baseret på 22.825 brugeranmeldelser på Capterra.

Har du brugt Slack før?

Del dine erfaringer med andre softwarekøbere.

Filtrer anmeldelser (22.825)

Ivan
Ivan
Technical Services i Argentina
Computersoftware, 11-50 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

The right tool for the job!

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Best thing that happened to our company. Our productivity has increased since and our "reachability" as well. We feel very close now, even for our team which is 100% remote.

Fordele:

They really put the work into making a chat software that is very usable. intuitive, agile and overall, very enjoyable. We use many of the bots the marketplace has, especially the Google Calendar, Zoom, Giphy and Slackbot integrations that comes with it.

Ulemper:

I cannot think of much of what I dislike about Slack, because I like everything about it. I used to have an issue that Slack didn't load properly, but an update and empty cache button swiftly solved it. Sometimes the calls ring on the phone first before doing it in the computer.

Dimitri
IT Support Engineer i Georgien
Medieproduktion, 10.000+ medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Slack as main communicator and team chantting

5,0 for 2 måneder siden Nyt

Kommentarer: Daily chatting with a lot of people. Daily have meetings in slack.Fast file-sharing tools

Fordele:

Nice software to communicate with colleagues and other employees in the company.Powerfully tool to improve communication

Ulemper:

For this moment slack administration doing everything fine. Don't have any ideas what more can slack team integrate into this app.

Chaya
Chaya
Trainee Software Engineer i Sri Lanka
Computersoftware, 51-200 medarbejdere

Slack – Managing projects optimally

3,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Slack is a tool which can be used as a project management tool for managing projects and also it can be used for internal communication inside a project group or a company. Each project group can have its own channels inside the company workspace. Communication through private and public channels has made Slack more popular among the users.

Fordele:

Slack can be considered as a project management tool. Slack provides both mobile version and desktop version applications where the mobile version is installed in the mobile phone so that whatever may be the situation user may not miss any important information about the project instantly. While the desktop version helps to transfer files of the working project easily while working on the project. Slack provides the facility to share the files, folders, audio and video clips, links. there are private and public channels in slack. Users can be added to these channels and if the users prefer they can have their own personal chats through slack. The emojis, stickers, GIF are also added In Slack to provide better user experience and attract the users with its familiar look to most of the social media or texting apps.

Ulemper:

In order to use Slack users need to have a proper network connection. Without proper network coverage, Slack won’t work. Sometimes messages won’t be delivered to the other side after a selected time(10 PM). Unless the user sets his or her state into active user won’t receive notifications after 10 pm. If the state is away then the messages sent after 10 pm won’t be delivered till the next morning. Because of this sometimes users may miss some important messages. It is both an advantage and a disadvantage too. There is no mechanism to know whether the receiver read the message or not once a message is sent. The sender has to wait until other messages come from the receiver acknowledging that the receiver read the message.

Satish
Developer i Nepal
Computersoftware, 11-50 medarbejdere
Har anvendt softwaren til: Gratis prøve
Anmelderkilde

Discussing about pros and cons with features.

4,0 for 2 måneder siden

Kommentarer: I am using Slack for the last 3 years in my daily life. It helps in my daily usage of communicating with my firm colleagues and work partner. It helps me in different in this period like audio calls, messaging, and sharing documents and files. The magic link feature is amazing. I think only a few apps or software have these types of features.

Fordele:

I feel the most marvelous features in Slack are magic links, a separate channel, real-time messages, and notifications. Real-time messages and notification help to easily communicate with co-workers. Magic link is an easy way to access your account without email and password. It is faster as well and sometimes it is not necessary to remind email passwords. A separate channel is a secure way to access or have project discussions. It is also good in security ways by it have own URL to join its particular channel to those who are authorized. Due to this slack brings people together to work as one unified team

Ulemper:

Slack is a messaging app for businesses. One thing about being dissatisfied with slack conversations get deleted after 14 days, so if we sent something important within a channel it will erase so this feature kept me having difficulties at some sort of times.

Matt
Software Engineer Team Leader i Australien
Informationsteknologi og -tjenester, 51-200 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Vital tool for team communications

5,0 for 2 måneder siden Nyt

Fordele:

We use Slack for the bulk of our communications. The ability to set up a range of channels helps teams focus on the topic that are critical to their work, and keep abreast of happenings in other areas of interest. The ability to use Huddles to quickly collaborate with teammates on the fly is super useful as well. Slack can be a lot of fun as well, it's a brilliant way to let workmates share there interests across a range of areas - not just those related to work!

Ulemper:

Slack regularly improve their tool, and recent updates to the way Huddles work have solved a few gripes I have there. My main suggestion is that voice chat could be more developed.

Yige
Yige
Customer Acquisition Analyst i Kenya
Finansielle tjenesteydelser, 201-500 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

An organized way to communicate and collaborate within teams.

4,0 for 3 uger siden Nyt

Kommentarer: Slack is the fastest way to catch any member of my organization. A key benefit of Slack is that it makes collaboration and communication around departmental projects and activity to be simplified and organized.

Fordele:

Slack provides a very helpful conversation history for all new channels that I join. Having access to previous conversations that have taken place in a channel, even before I joined them allows me to catch up on important project details.

Ulemper:

I rarely use Slack for video calls and this is because of issues like lags , and instability in audio quality. This is the only area where Slack has a shortcoming . Albeit, one which I do not get to face too frequently.

Jordan
Jordan
Data Scientist i Canada
Fritid, rejser og turisme, 501-1.000 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

I cannot do with Slack software.

4,0 for 2 måneder siden Nyt

Kommentarer: Slack aids collaboration and communication between every member of my team. The quality of collaboration which Slack let me achieve , helps me save time and makes the process of sharing and getting feedback across my team very fast.

Fordele:

Slack integrates with top software applications . This integration allows me to use several applications from within the Slack interface. My ability to achieve the above allows me work faster by enabling a single layer of engagement and communication.

Ulemper:

Unstable video and audio call , coupled with long delays before calls get connected are what i like the least about this software.

Relationship Consultant i Canada
Bankvirksomhed, 10.000+ medarbejdere

slack- quick and efficient

5,0 for 3 uger siden Nyt

Kommentarer: I have enjoyed its efficiency and suggestions features.

Fordele:

its non complicated and allows users to engage in conversations and meeting without a lot of jazzy looking or bold distracting UX/UI designs. Its basic to look at but has a lot of advanced features including calling internally in the org

Ulemper:

cannot be customised lot in terms of creating categories

Afnan
Researcher i Japan
Research, 501-1.000 medarbejdere

Real-time Team Communication and Collaboration

5,0 for 3 uger siden Nyt

Kommentarer: Slack is great for real-time team collaboration and file sharing. Its integration, searchability, and mobile accessibility make it easy to use, but its cost and limited customization may be a negative. Video conferencing and large file sharing teams should avoid it.

Fordele:

Slack's compatibility with other programs like Google Drive, Trello, and Asana makes it simple to incorporate it into preexisting procedures.Slack is accessible on mobile devices, enabling team members to continue working and staying connected even when they are away from their desks.

Ulemper:

Teams that rely extensively on video communication may find Slack's limited capability for video conferencing insufficient.Slack's lack of security compared to other communication technologies can be a worry for teams that need to protect sensitive information.

Richi
Developer i Tyskland
Bankvirksomhed, 1.001-5.000 medarbejdere

Simple but Useful

5,0 for 4 uger siden Nyt

Kommentarer: It's a really user friendly and useful product for communication of teams and the call features are making this product a very important tool for every company

Fordele:

It's easy to use and on every device (android, iOS) is installable. They continuously improve the quality of the product and add new features. Voice/Video calls are getting better and better

Ulemper:

Sometime they have down times, even though it has happened few times but still it was annoying

Christopher
Creative Director i Italien
Underholdning, 2-10 medarbejdere

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

4,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Fordele:

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Ulemper:

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Alex
Senior Salesforce Administrator i USA
Computer- og netværkssikkerhed, 201-500 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

The best chat application.

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Slack makes team communication easy. I use it to send updates to team members, build relationships with team members (it's funny how much team culture and unity can be built on a strong foundation of memes), post polls, gather feedback on internal projects, get quick answers to quick questions, etc. Slack makes it easy to integrate, so I've used third-party integrations like HeyTaco for employee recognition. Slack makes it possible to do a significant portion of your work out of a chat app.

Fordele:

Slack has by far the best UI, the best organization, and the best set of features. Competing products like Google Chat (the business version of Hangouts) don't even come close. The most critical feature is being able to simultaneously log in to multiple Slack instances which each have multiple rooms, groups, etc. Slack makes text-based communication super easy.

Ulemper:

It's pricey in comparison to some of the competing software (especially if your organization already uses G Suite, it may be a hard sell to move to Slack). Also, Slack literally makes me more of a slacker - it's too easy to BS with coworkers or members of other non-work-related slack groups when I should be working.

Brian
Managing Partner i USA
Juridiske tjenesteydelser, 2-10 medarbejdere

Essential Communication Tool

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: I have been using it since 2015 and am a happy camper. Slack is a daily tech solution in working with others both professionally and for volunteer & hobby projects. I would be in so much aggravation if I had to deal with more emails, phone calls, texts, or heavens forbid, skype :-(.

Fordele:

I enjoy: • the reduction in emails, text, and phone calls that Slack provides, • the search function, • how slack integrates with google drive, • the easy to navigate communication options with direct communication, general communication, channel communication, etc. • the cost is very reasonable and slack gives credits as well

Ulemper:

The UX for administrative and management functions is less than ideal. Tasks like archiving/un-archiving channels or adding/removing users is needlessly complicated. Simple functions that should be part of the platform are not readily available, which is a shame. There should be a organic drive section and task list section native to the platform that by default are turned on at start but can be hidden.

Mark
Managing Director i Storbritannien
Computersoftware, 2-10 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Slack , if you're not using it you should be.

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Really good, I contact four companies weekly, couldn't cope without it.

Fordele:

Powerful, easy to use, lots of options so it's both easy to start up with and become a power user.

Ulemper:

Lots of options.. but maybe not the ones you need. The inability to move a direct message into folders is a pain. If a project moves/evolves you can't edit it retrospectively you can only press on. Which is a shame is you have stuffed saved you need to move.

Marie
Accounting Manager i USA
Tøj og mode, 51-200 medarbejdere

Slack keeps us together

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Over the past 2 years of using Slack I have come to really like it. I like that it is customizable. I can choose to only alert me during my chosen work hours and I can extend or shorten those times as needed. I can express who I am and let my coworkers know a little about me (or not) by having a picture for my profile.

Fordele:

Working from home can make training a new employee difficult, but with Slack we have been able to be successful. Slack provides us the ability to share screens and use the the draw feature to point out important items. We are also able to get the team all on the same call for collaboration and even to socialize. Slack lessens the feeling of isolation from everyone having to be in a different location instead of all being in the office together.

Ulemper:

The only feature that I would like changed is that when looking at an attachment and I choose to enlarge it, I have to maximize Slack's window in order to see it full size. I would like the attachment to enlarge outside of Slack's window size.

Brittany
NP Co-Founder and Executive Director, Small Business Owner/Operator i USA
Markedsføring og reklamer, 2-10 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Slack is a mainstay for my inter-connected teams and communities!

Fordele:

Slack is hands down my favorite way to keep productive up, communication lines between teams clear and more concise, and as a way of messaging back and forth in a pretty straight-forward, not super distracting way.

Ulemper:

There is not really a complaint I can think of in regards to Slack. I have never had a real issue with it in my 8+ years of using the application.

Goran
Owner i Kroatien
Fritid, rejser og turisme, 2-10 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

The only way to communicate within a team

5,0 for 7 måneder siden

Kommentarer: I use it for all manners of communication with my team - from quick huddles when we get stuck and need a rubber ducky moment, to bigger team meetings. We have groups for smaller teams to collaborate in, we have fun channels to blow off steam, and we even use it for the food train organization.

Fordele:

It is easy to use and feels natural. For us coming from Discord or IRC, it is very intuitive to understand how to use it without any learning curve whatsoever. Slack helps me connect with coworkers, share project updates, send cat photos to my team, send random funny quotes, gifs, reactions, all of it still in a very professional application that handles all of my communication needs.

Ulemper:

Slack sometimes becomes too much, but it is easy to mute it to focus on work so this is easily solveable.

Bekræftet anmelder
consulting services and developing software solutions i Vietnam
Bioteknologi, 51-200 medarbejdere

Overvejede alternativer:

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

5,0 for 6 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Fordele:

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Ulemper:

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Coach + Consultant i USA
Bemanding og rekruttering, 51-200 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

Incredibly well built and valuable --- also easily a time suck

4,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: We used slack as a company both to facilitate communication across all teams (a tech start up that grew from 20 people to 120 people while I was there) and run basic options (e.g. submit bugs to the product team). It helped us build a strong culture of bonding over personal news broadcasts and basic company updates, and also improved our productivity in certain processes. In other aspects, it was definitely a huge distraction. I would say it's worth integrating with clear guidelines for etiquette.

Fordele:

Once you get the hang of it, it's really well designed, easy to use and really fun. They have so many integrations that make it easy to customize it for a company and yet let each individual employee personalize it for themselves (names, gifs, emoji's, etc). It's a streamlined way to get a simple answer back or stay in touch with employees you don't happen to be sitting next to. You avoid email overload.

Ulemper:

It can be a HUGE time suck and it was very hard to be off slack at any point. This is probably company dependent, but I was as a tech start-up and it was so easy to spend hours of my day messaging people about work or non-work related topics. This can be fine, unless you're trying to get something meaningful done. People would slack during meetings rather than be fully present. That made no sense to me -- if you're going to be in a meeting, BE in a meeting. I also felt like I couldn't get off slack on nights and weekends. Again -- that's a company wide decision, but there was an aspect of slack like texting that made people felt like they had to respond when they got a message. Even if you don't respond, it still drives up anxiety to have notifications pop up.

Shayne
Shayne
Director of Sales i Indien
Internet, 11-50 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

An efficient and reliable inter-office communication tool!

5,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Slack has been instrumental in connecting everybody in our organization. I'm not just saying that. Various departments within our company have become competitive and often complete projects way before deadlines. That's because we've applied and integrated Slack into our organization in such a way that we use internal performance appraisals, awards, etc to achieve this. Also, we are a SaaS company that believes in a positive work atmosphere and Slack helps us achieve just that.

Fordele:

1) User Interface: Slack is quite user-friendly but requires a little bit of an initial learning curve in order to get that hang of things (considering it's a bit different from your average personal communication tools). In no time, you'll be able to locate new channels, switch between them and message individuals directly. 2) Making Work Fun: As its name suggests, "Slack" allows users to ease professional tension and stress by providing them with a wide range of "Fun Gifs", emojis, etc. Users can even make use of different "reactions" (Just like you have on most Social Media Platforms). This is quite useful for us because we can vote on posts using various reactions. Our in-house designers often compete with each other on various projects and the rest of us vote for them. Therefore; Slack = Increased Productivity. Of course, you can have your own methods of applying this feature. 3) Suitability: Slack is best suited for small or medium sized businesses. They have a "free forever" plan, a "Standard" plan and a "Plus" plan. The main differences between these subscription models are chat-log backup capacities, the number of third-party app integrations you can use (Unlimited for all paid plans), Customer Service response timings, file storage per user and few other differences. 4) Notifications: Slack makes it possible for its users to have many options of getting notified. The best feature, in my opinion, is where someone can "@" you in a message or a post.

Ulemper:

1) File Preview: It would be nice if you can preview a document without having to download it first.

Jared Allen
Data Entry Specialist i Filippinerne
Informationsteknologi og -tjenester, 201-500 medarbejdere

5,0 for 6 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Generally, experience is very useful and helped in sorting out the group correspondence quite well. Professionals: The best thing about slack is group cooperation and correspondence. The gathering and classifications in view of the subject are very great and help in the isolation of content in light of need. Also, it is very organized and easy to communicate especially in posting in thread.

Fordele:

Slack assists you with talking and communicating with specific individuals and groups inside your association or different associations with Slack rapidly. It likewise allows you to track all that individuals have said about a thought so you can look by catchphrase for a particular thought. I love it. I use it consistently, and you might actually say it's the collective conscience for the association. It's such a ton lighter than an email client, and I want to do my help tickets with different associations with it(honestly, there's likely an application for it out there). This leads me to another incredible point; Slack is perfect for rapidly imparting thoughts and coordinating a few applications. Pretty soon, the association between SF and Slack will improve, I'm certain. Your association needs Slack in the event that it can manage the cost of it. It is priceless for diminishing the time it takes to team up and use aggregate insight.

Ulemper:

Allow me to begin by saying you're likely not going to find anything better than Slack. These reactions are enhancements to the item I think ought to be made however are in no way, shape, or form a legitimization for why you shouldn't utilize this. Email is killing your business by making you and your group sit around idly. My one test with any undertaking application is that it can get somewhat hard to figure even to design every one of those settings(email is more awful at this than Slack). I wish that settings were suggested in view of the use of highlights inside the application. Kindly assist me with figuring out how to involve Slack in additional useful ways. Kindly don't make me swim through help articles and directions. All things considered, put the button to switch the setting in a pop-around directly in the center of my work process or in a notice on Slackbot so I can roll out the improvement there and see the reason why it will assist me with being more useful. Warnings are difficult to make due, however, they're getting better at that. Simply realize I'm suffocating and would cherish a component worked in that offered the response to FAQs by utilizing some ML(apps that do this are too costly on the API to be worth the effort). I'm a well-informed authority and get pinged with a lot of DMs and's in channels that basically have similar responses. Assist me with volume so I as a solitary individual can help more individuals. Some something to think about. Also, they

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor i Canada
Religiøse institutioner, 2-10 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

A great free product with a high cost of entry

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Slack is a great free platform for team collaboration and communication, that really helps simplify our communication process. While it has some issues, overall the free tier offers a great option for any team looking to improve their communications.

Fordele:

Slack creates a simple & powerful interface for inter-team communication, allowing for simplified communications that move beyond emails & facebook messages by creating a secure platform for teams. Slacks best features are perhaps the ability to setup channels (which allows for very focussed spaces dealing with a particular topic), and the ability to reply to individual messages in a thread. Channels help keep my teams focussed and on topic, while also providing a space for random chatter (in our "Random" channel), while threads help keep channels from turning into a brutally long, confusing message thread. That paired with the ability to "react" to messages with emoji's, share individual messages with a specific individual, create private or public channels, and send group messages to team members, this platform helps create a simple space for teams to collaborate and communicate in a way that feels more natural than text threads, facebook messages, or emails.

Ulemper:

Slack is a great platform, but can be a bit confusing to administrate on the back-end, or confusing to new users. Setting people up for success on Slack can take a bit of time; as there is a learning curve for tech illiterate people. Perhaps the most difficult issue with Slack however is in managing team members who do not check Slack frequently. Simple notifications (via email, text etc) for @channel, @everyone or @specific_user would be beneficial, as it would help eliminate some of these issues. Supposedly, Slack offers email notifications, however in all my testing I've never been able to get it to work properly, and it is something that team members need to setup on their own - it is not something that can be set across the workspace & then opted out of by team members.

Álvaro
DevOps Engineer i Spanien
Computersoftware, 51-200 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

The chat app for developer teams that is a pleasure to use, when connection issues don't bother you.

5,0 for 6 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Slack is the de facto chat app for developer teams. Although with some rough edges here and there, with Slack we were able to easily integrate existing and custom solutions that helped us better keep track of what is happening in the team and with the projects. Huddles are also a great way to communicate, as we were able to talk with the team any time, making our workflow and sharing experiences easy.

Fordele:

The interface is easy to use. Everything is laid out in 2 to 3 columns: the sidebar with all the channels and contacts, the main chat column and an optional third column for viewing threads. This way, you can always focus on what you/other are trying to tell. The message box is a pleasure to use, as it allows writing formatted messages easily; and sharing files is as easy as drag and drop. Threads, although I was a bit against it at first, help branch some conversations so you or your team can add details without breaking the main conversation. Huddles are also a great way to real time communication. They allow teams to communicate easily, like we were in a room in the same place, where anyone can join and leave at any time, without depending on others. Finally, the API is powerful. Although a bit complex at times, integrating custom apps and workflows allows expanding the knowledge of the team at any given point in time greatly. Also, the music that plays when waiting alone in a huddle is a good bonus.

Ulemper:

Communicating outside messages is a little bit confusing sometimes. Slack has two features, huddles and calls. Huddles are for quick audio communication while calls are regular calls with video support. Both (sometimes) do their job well, however, it is confusing when to use one or another, as both have overlapping features but implemented in different ways. Connection to Slack servers are also an issue. Calls suddenly drop or audio lags heavily, messages take a lot of time to send, and the macOS version sometimes hangs without response, forcing the user to forcefully exit. Finally, forwarding and sharing messages with other teammates is sometimes complex, as there are two ways to do this, and both don't work when you expected to.

Neil
Marketing Manager i Storbritannien
Lægebehandling, 2-10 medarbejdere

It's anything but Slack

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: We started using Slack in order to not have to talk to each other... Actually to be fare, we're spread across 4 floors and multiple offices (sometimes people work from home) so Slack gives us a way to communicate across multiple channels looping in relevant people that need to be updated on specific projects. The ability to be able to quickly jump onto a call or post images and video easily greatly enhance communication. Slack is open on all our computers (Mac and PC) all day every day and is key to getting things done! And you don't have to 'talk' to Dave at his desk anymore so no 20 minute conversations on the virtues of staples over paperclips, WIN!

Fordele:

It's so easy to set up an account, add your teammates, create your channels and assign/amend and remove access for who can see what. Also found loads if integrations with other software packages useful. I didn't much like the browser version but the desktop and mobile apps work a treat. Being able to set 'out of office' or 'end of day' do-not-disturb times really helps you to not get woken up in the middle of the night by Dave who had a brainwave on how to better stack the free peanuts in the break-room (we all have a Dave).

Ulemper:

I initially had a bit of a blond moment (is it politically correct to say that? Gulp) when I first started using the web version of the app. I didn't really like it and it took me a while to figure out that there was in fact a desktop and mobile version that were much nicer to use (as mentioned in the Pros section).

Heidi
Membership Coordinator i USA
Styring af nonprofitorganisationer, 11-50 medarbejdere
Anmelderkilde

An extensive chatroom: ending useless email discussions

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall, this is an easy and helpful chatroom for your work. It stops your emails from piling up, and you can ignore back-and-forth conversations with coworkers that would have clogged your email otherwise. It leaves room for both work and play related conversations, and the instant messaging feature is extremely helpful.
I can send links or attachments in the chat without trying to text from my phone or send an awkward,informal email. I can instantly communicate to my coworkers! And in a day and age of emoji's, I don't feel guilty about adding "haha" or "smiley emoji" in my Slack message. It all feels informal and quick, so why bother with the prestigious voice of an email?
Slack is fun for me, which is why I favor it over other communication styles. It also allows you to download an app where you can send messages via. your phone. It helps you ask questions on the go without needing to give your personal cell number to a coworker you might not want to have it... Very helpful.
I would recommend this product.

Fordele:

Have you ever been annoyed by your email inbox filling up with a conversation between coworkers? You get all the notifications piling up in your inbox, and you're wondering if you will have time to filter through the parts of the conversation that matter. Well! Look no further, because IF you can convince all your staff to use slack, it significantly decreases email chatter (which I found to be a huge relief)! At my work, I can have instant messaging with any staff. I use the desktop version, so the notifications pop up at the bottom of my screen- allowing me to preview the message. We even have a section called "just for fun" where we can add any tidbits we find interesting to a separate channel. It keeps up workforce morale without distracting from any tasks. Also, it allows me to filter important questions from unimportant questions. If my coworkers have an urgent matter, they will come to my door. If it isn't urgent, they will slack me. On a side note, I love that you can add gifs to your conversation. It keeps things lighthearted and entertaining.

Ulemper:

Our team uses Asana, which doesn't have a chat feature, and I was hoping to make Slack that chat feature . You can add the app of Asana to Slack, but it isn't as intuitive to use. Sometimes the commands get confusing. There is a lot of " / asana " and you have to send the message before you can see the options of a result. It makes me paranoid that every time I send a message, they are getting backslashes everywhere! But those complications only come when you install apps to Slack. Everything else is intuitive and easy to use.